Selby has been involved in the spa industry for over 20 years, and the UKSA says her experience and expertise make her an excellent choice to lead the not-for-profit association.
She is a long-standing UKSA board member, having served for four years, and she continues to sit on the committee for the Standards Authority for Touch in Cancer Care.
Selby has taken the reins from Adam Chatterley who helped steer the association through some of the industry’s most challenging times in recent years.
The UKSA praised Chatterley for his tireless work in promoting and supporting the growth of the industry and said his leadership has been instrumental in the association’s success. He is stepping down to focus on Beauty Business Secrets, his revenue strategy and coaching company.
Selby commented: “I’ve been privileged to be involved in the work of the UKSA and I very much admire the good work done by Adam.
“It’s a wonderful privilege to be taking the next step in my personal involvement with the group and to be assuming a key role in the next phase of the UKSA’s journey.
“The spa industry has been through a tough time since Covid, but it’s also shown its metal both for thriving commercially and as an integral support for the nation’s wellbeing.
“I’m delighted to be part of continuing to share, drive and promote that message to the benefit of all within and beyond the spa community.”
The UKSA will continue to be run by Yvonne Ebdon as general manager, who oversees all day-to-day operations, manages the board and is responsible for the full strategic direction of the association.
In other news, the UKSA announced its new board members for the next tenure, 2023-2025;
• Victoria Dello Ioio, UK sales director, Sothys.
• Steve Ewing, general manager, Hale Country Club & Spa.
• Ashley Freeman, spa director, Rockliffe Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa Resort.
• Jessica Grant Sloyan, director of spa and wellness, Lucknam Park Hotel & Spa.
• Jaclyn Hughes, co-founder, Field London.
• Eleanor Jeffrey, spa manager, Montcalm East, Autograph Collection.
• Sarah Johnson, head of spa, Rudding Park.
• Michael Kay, group operations director, English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues.
• Gary Lipman, managing director, JK Group.
• Jamie Pagan, area director of spa and wellness, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group.
• Sarah Ronchetti, head of spa, Templespa Skincare.
• Sarah Tester, finance and operations director, Lifehouse Spa & Hotel.
• Holly Webster head of spa, Oskia Skincare.